You may have concerns about the best ways to clean your POS equipment to limit the spread of the virus. Here are some tips we’ve assembled:
- Many machines can be damaged by standard sanitizing products, particularly if they are sprayed or squirt directly onto the equipment.
- Instead, follow these steps for cleaning:
- Turn off and unplug your device.
- Gently wipe the surface of the device with a slightly damp, microfiber cloth with 1-2 drops of dish soap.
- Gently wipe the surface of the device with an alcohol-based wipe or cleaner on a microfiber cloth.
- Let dry completely before plugging back in and turning on your device.
Seconds of your time or 5 Easy Steps
We’re sharing the necessary steps to take in keeping your SNAP/EBT, credit and debit card terminal sanitized, with the purpose of minimizing the spread of bacteria and other germs. Follow the 5 easy steps below or watch the 60-second video below.
60% or higher Alcohol-based
Card Reader Cleaning Card
Clorox Disinfecting Wipes or 70% Isopropyl Alcohol Wipes
Wash your hands thoroughly with soap and apply hand sanitizer prior to handling the terminal and disinfectant wipes.
Take a disinfectant wipe or alcohol wipe and begin by cleaning the terminal screen(s).
Proceed to clean the entire terminal with a new wipe.
Swipe the Card Reader Cleaner back and forth against the magstripe reader.
Insert the Card Reader Cleaner back and forth with a new wipe in the IC Card Slot.
Daily Cleaning Tip
Be sure to sanitize your terminals daily to minimize the spread of bacteria and germs. To share the Sanitization Guide above, click the button below to download the document. You can also check out and share the video by clicking here.